Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15 - bw050nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Version Française :

Bonjour à tous, je suis français et j'ai un problème car mon pc Laptop ne détecte pas la wifi 5Ghz alors que mon portable "Iphone 6S" le détecte parfaitement.
Suite à de nombreuses recherche, j'ai vu que ma carte réseau était compatible -> Carte réseau : Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n
Car si on a -> 802.11n c'est qu'on est compatible avec le Wifi 5Ghz
Mon fouisseur de wifi est "Orange".
Et j'aimerais savoir comment puis-je connecter mon Wifi 5Ghz à mon pc car celle-ci est invisible?
Bonne journée,
Merci d'avance

English version :

Hello everyone, I'm French and I have a problem because my Laptop PC does not detect 5Ghz wifi while my laptop "Iphone 6S" detects it perfectly.
After a lot of research, I saw that my network card was compatible -> Network card : Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n
Because if we have -> 802.11n it's because we are compatible with the Wifi 5Ghz
My wi-fi burglar's "Orange".
And I would like to know how can I connect my 5Ghz Wifi to my pc because it is invisible?
Have a nice day,
Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Bonjour

The 802.11n standard is the first to operate with two spectra, 2.4 GHz (802.11 b / g) and 5 GHz (802.11a). Based on the implementation, a dual-band 802.11n device could connect to devices from all previous generations; a single band 802.11n device can only be connected to 802.11b and 802.11g signals.

According to what I find here , your notebook is 802.11n single band , so 5 Ghz is not available.

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c05865302

you find this line :   802.11b/g/n (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo

vive la Bretagne.

bye from Italy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.