Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 650
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi, good day.

Please i need your help to refix my bluetooth which neither showing nor working. This ocurred after i restored my system and all effort to uninstall and install a new Ralink 4.0 bluetooth Adapter was possible but it still show unknown device on the Device Manager and presently i can't find it again there and there is sign that the diver is still there in the system. The WIFI is stilling working.

MY SYSTEM PROPERTIES:

HP 650 (64 BIT INTEL PROCESSOR)

WINDOW 8 (SINGLE LANGUAGE)

BLUETOOTH DEVICE WAS RALINK

BLUETOOTH ERROR MESSAGE IS:

Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter has a driver problem Not fixed Not Fixed There is a problem with the driver for Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter. The driver needs to be reinstalled.

InformationalDevice information Name: Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter ID: PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00\4&265B3C2B&0&01E2

Error code: 39 Reinstall device driver Completed There is a problem with the driver for Ralink Bluetooth

Thanks

Godbless Uko

[Personal Information Removed]

Nigeria

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing the latest W8 BT driver works for you...

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks.

But the application cannot run on my PC. that is the reply i got when trying to install the application. Please i need further help.

HP Recommended

please kindly help out with a version that is compartible with hp 650 window 8 intel processor, sinlge language. I seriouly needs it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work.

The only other suggestion I can offer, would be to see if this older version works...but it is newer than the one on the HP 650 support page.

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64826.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks.

But the version is still not working in my system. it not compartible.

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work either.

I checked the driver files for the drivers I posted, and they do not contain support for the hardware ID you posted.

That is why they didn't work.

I checked the driver file for the driver from your notebook's support page, and it does have support for the hardware ID you posted.

Try manually installing the driver as follows...

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd item on the list is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-zip, go to C:\SWSetup\sp59632 (that is where the Ralink bluetooth driver folder is located).

Open that folder.  Click on the Win7 folder to open it.  Then click to open the amd64 folder.

Scroll down the list, and you will see a cabinet file named BlueSo~1.

Right click on that folder and select 7-Zip from the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  And let it extract that file into its folder.

Once that is done, go to the device manager and click on the bluetooth device that has the hardware ID you poste.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp59632.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.