Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-1b60us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything was working fine until I upgraded to Win10 version 20H2 using thumb drive then my network quit working wirelessly. The RT-5390 did not show up anywhere in Device Manager. I decide to revert back to Win10 version 1909 and wireless still did not work. In Device Manager the Ralink RT-5390 was only available in hidden view. It was grayed out and when I clicked on it. it said" Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45). To fix reconnect to computer.

I downloaded and updated the driver with one that supposedly covered WIN-10 recommended on this site, and it still not appear ungrayed out. I then uninstalled it in device manager and rebootd hoping it would reappear correctly but instead it disappeared completely and that is where I am at this time.

I purchased an ASUS usb dongle and it works great but I would prefer the one to work in the computer instead of something hanging out the side. I read that there were a lot of issues with the RT- 5390 and WIN 10 and also read about whitelists and was wondering if someone could tell me a different card that they believe I could buy to replace the RT-5390 and work with WIN-10. I had an old card here and tried it and it said not supported while the computer was booting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wife's computer!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Espygene 

Please download and install

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have already done that and it did nothing to resolve the issue. Tried twice actually.

HP Recommended

Can someone please answer the question that at least 50 of us are asking? What are the replacement WIFI card choices to replace the Ralink RT-5390 in the Pavilion G6-1b60us? Keep hearing about whitelists too, so which ones are on whitelist? We have spent way too much time asking this question and continuously been told try this and try that and none of it working. The problem is the darn card has issues with WIN 10 - some versions. Mine initially worked with version 1909 but disappeared when I updated to version 20H2 and even going back to 1909 did nothing. Tried to reinstall drivers and every other thing that someone may have suggested. Spent many wasted hours on this.

I (we) would prefer to just get rid of the Ralink card permanently and go with something else. So what replacement cards work??? PLEASE!

Help us HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.