03-20-2017 07:58 AM - last edited on 03-20-2017 08:42 AM by kevin-t
got an repeated error while installing an important update in the windows update.
i am having a problem with my wifi ., the wifi just shows no network found then i have to restart several times to fix this issue.
product name HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC
Serial no. [Personal Information Removed]
product number D4B11PA#AB4
03-20-2017 08:32 AM
It is a trivial (easy) matter and not expensive to replace the wireless card, but your model has the whitelist meaning only a limited group of cards can be installed. Here is the Service manual:
See pages 23-24 of the Manual for the list with HP Part numbers.
This is the best of the bunch:
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 802.11 b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combination Adapter 670290-001
See page 50 for "how to".
If you are outside the US post back and we can help you find an overseas alternative. Also open it up and be sure you have 2 wireless antenna and not just one. If it is one, post back for more help.
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)