Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

please I need your help.

I have a HP Envy 15-j101ss model G6P98EA, it has installed a WLAN RALINK RT3290. Can I replace it with one of the cards (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0     HP Part #710661-001,  ntel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0    HP Part # 717381-001) the you say in the message?

Thanks in advance,

Joan

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Joan:

Yes, you can replace the Ralink wifi card with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 HP Part #710661-001

That would be the better of the two.

The card should be readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Before installing the new card, uninstall the ralink wifi card in the device manager, check the uninstall driver box, and do the same for the Ralink bluetooth.

If there is Ralink bluetooth software in the Windows control panel>programs, uninstall that too.

Then install the Intel wifi card.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

I buyed one HP Part #710661-001 and I waiting for it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how the wifi card upgrade went.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I received the wifi card and I make all the process that you said to me.

The problem is that mi laptop not recognize Bluetooth. Can you help me.

Windows 1o recognize the target like Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.

Thanks in advance

Joan

HP Recommended

Hi, Joan:

It doesn't seem to me that you were sent the right card.

The card description in the device manager should say Intel 7260 AC, not Intel Centrino Advanced N 6205.

The 6205 is not an AC card, and it doesn't come with built in bluetooth.

I would report the mistake to the seller and have them send you the correct part...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part #710661-001

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260HMW-Mini-PCI-E-BT4-0-Card-Intel-For-HP-SPS-710661...

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are right, the seller sends my a wrong product. I buyed the correct one.

I'm trying change it.

Thanks.

Joanwifi.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Joan.

They sure did.

From what I can do by searching, even the 784639-005 part number is supposed to be the Intel 7260AC.

https://www.amazon.com/710661-001-756753-001-784639-005-Wireless-ac-Pci-express/dp/B01M0QLMA5

I don't know how the seller could have messed that up. 

It shows Intel 6205 right on the wifi card label!

Hopefully, they will send you the right one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.