Emrecan_S Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Ethernet on thunderbolt dock won't work

I just received my HP ZBook Studio and Thunderbolt Dock. I updated all drivers and BIOS. However, there is no internet connection through ethernet when I connect RJ45 to the dock. Am I missing something? Is it possible to have hardware related problem?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am posting this through a Zbook G3 connected to a Thunderbolt dock with ethernet connected to the dock ethernet. Did you specifically install the package of dock drivers? Are you seeing crippled devices in device manager?

0 Kudos
Emrecan_S Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I double checked the drivers, and all of them are up to date. No crippled device in the device manager. I called HP Support again, and no luck. I will  probably send the hardware for replacement.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One last try. Specifically, did you install this driver? It does not come pre-loaded on the laptop and this activates the ethernet, etc. on the USB-C (Tbolt) dock in Windows 10 64 bit:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8934841&swItemId=ob_177177_1&swEnvOid=419...

0 Kudos
Emrecan_S Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestions. 

I installed all the recent drivers from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-dock-with-thunderbolt-3/11122586

My dock is HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3. Your suggestion is for something different. I installed Windows by myself so there was no preinstalled drivers.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same dock with a Zbook G3 and the driver I linked did enable the ethernet on the dock. None of the files you linked has a dock network driver included. 

On my Zbook G3 the dock ethernet shows up as Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit ethernet and the built in ethernet is Intel gigabit. 

0 Kudos
Emrecan_S Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed the driver, yet I still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then you have a bad dock I believe. 

0 Kudos
Emrecan_S Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sent my Laptop and Dock to HP service. They called today and said everything is working fine. Does the network at my work identify the dock something different than the laptop ip? Laptop IP has an access to use the network's internet. I really can not figure out this puzzle. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation