Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (94 Views)

Re: Windows 10 installed on HP Pavilion dv7

I have hp pavilion dv7-4178nr with Windows 10 installed. I tried to install drivers using driver pack solutions but the result wasn't convincing. Drivers not upgraded, biometric no more function and the most important is the graphic card which appears to be 0mb for dedicated video memory. Need help
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)

Re: Windows 10 installed on HP Pavilion dv7

Greetings @YoungHero

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you have upgraded the OS on your computer to Windows 10 and are looking for drivers, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

The drivers for your computer are only available for Windows 7 on HP Drivers page

As the drivers are not available for Windows 10, you would need to rely on Windows updates or install and run HP Support Assistant to find the drivers for your computer. Click here to know more about HPSA.

Alternately, you can update the video driver from AMD website as well. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation