Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, today so first i got:

HP Pavilion g6-1352ej Notebook PC

Windows 7 64-bit

So today i visited "Software & Driver Download" for my notebook and i am trying to update Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver 

HP.png

I downloading this file, saving, running it, after it execute files to C:\SWSetup opens another window and i press "Repair" buttom. After couple minutes it says Installing Driver and in another window i see "Realtek PCIE Card Reader" downloads, but it's just freezing up and it stays the same for 20 minutes already: HP1.png

I Have no clue what to do.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey JokeXING, 

I'm sorry you're running into this issue with the driver download. Sometimes (especially if it's attempted a couple of times) driver installs can get corrupted and freeze. In these cases, it is best to start fresh. 

1. Go to Device Manager

2. Expand Network Adapters

3. Double-click on Relatek LAN to open Properties

4. Click on the Driver tab. Make not of the version number shown there and let me know what it is.

5. Click the Unisntall button and when prompted click Restart.

Your computer will restart and Windows will detect and reinstall the missing driver, correcting any corruption. Then go back to that Driver tab and let me know what the version number shown is, after the reinstallation. 

Also, let me know what your current BIOS version is. BIOS is connected with every other driver on the computer and  those drivers are designed around the latest BIOS. It could help to have the latest BIOS. Let me know which version you have currently by pressing the FN + ESC keys. Look for 'F.##'. 

HP Recommended

Well, after this update my notebook start to act weird like did not find any Wifi connections so i had to restore to factory settings. My Bios F.53 10/24/2012

HP Recommended

Do you typically connect through LAN (Ethernet cable connected) or WLAN (Wireless)?

If you're trying to update the wireless driver, take a look at the items listed on the Driver Page under 'Driver - Network (9)'. Look for the items that say WiFi/Wireless. There are several different brands (Ralink, Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek) of wireless cards that could be in your notebook.

To see which brand you have, go back to Device Manager, Expand Network Adapters and look for the line that says WiFi/Wireless. That same line will have a brand name. Let me know which brand you have 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.