Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
N5Y05UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I’ve been dealing with this for around 4 months, ever since I finally updated to Windows 10. I had hope getting drivers and getting updates and restarting to fix the network and such could fix the issue, not nothing’s worked. I think it’s gone the longest a few days before it stops working and it’s hard to get back to work before it goes out again.

I’ve tried rebooting the network since that’s an upset and letting the computer restart, only works for a bit then stops, tried to take the adapter and remove it while it’s there and restart and that doesn’t last too long, tried looking for drivers to use on it and idk what happened there. I need to figure out how to solve this once and for all. Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

Download and save this driver, but do not run it just yet.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96873.exe

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Network adapters device manager category.

Right click on the RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter listed there and select Uninstall.

Also check the uninstall driver box,

Restart the PC and install the above driver I posted and hopefully, that will resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I’ll see it’s durability throughout the night and maybe a day more or so and if I have a problem I’ll let you know. If not, I’ll make the above comment as a solution!

HP Recommended

It just went out again lol maybe I should just keep running the thing and see if that’ll bring it back everytime unless you have another solution 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that updating the driver didn't resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

DELETED COMMENT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.