Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
N7J56EA#ABU

I've had increasing problems with connecting to my wifi in the past few days. Restarting my laptop and putting it on flight mode was working for a while, but now my laptop won't connect at all. The title of this post is the message I get after I troubleshoot. Please help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am assuming you have Windows 10 as OS.

- First we will try to update the drivers from Device Manager. Go to device manager (right-click on start and click on device manager). Under network adapters right-click on the wifi adapter and click on update software (online). See if there are any updates and if it helps.

-If not, download the driver from HP site for the wifi adapter

Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers

system software Manager Icon
2023.18.814.2015 Rev.A33.6 MBOct 20, 2015

from here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac100-notebook-pc-series/8499326/model/890347...

again in device manager right-click on Wifi adapter and click on uninstall. Reboot the computer and install the driver you downoaded above. See if it helps.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

By chance did you upgrade to the creator release of Windows 10? I noticed that my Pavilion 15 with the Realtek 8723be had some significant issues with signal and range after the creator upgrade. The only part of this notebook I am disappointed in is the Wifi card. For such a important function as wireless in notebooks. I wish HP would stop using the cheapest chips possible in their notebooks. I would suggest try installing the HP driver, and if your using that try going into device manager and find card and try allowing Windows to update driver to see if that helps. 

HP Recommended

I recently had the same issue on my pavillion 15.

When/if your laptop successfully connects to your wifi, enter Device Manager -> network adapters -> right click on Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn wifi network adaptor and into Properties -> on the Power Management tab there is an option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (for some reason) and untick it if it is on. This solved the issue for me, hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have come across this issue several times with Windows 10 64bit and can confirm that driver updates and/or major version updates such as the Creators update can cause problems by updating the Realtek driver.

Best solution that I have found is to install SP75236 which installs driver version 2023.27.1230.2015

Regards...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.