Tutor
12 7 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Realtek RTL8723BE Problems

Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this problem with intermitent wireless. I had to call HP who gave me some instructions which did not reslove the problem like going into power managment, then I got a call who remote assistance took over, and used Advanced system care, (HP Support) that didnt fix the problem either. The wirless keeps cut out. from various forums I have seen that Lenovo and others who use the Realtek with WIndows 10 have this issue and it has not been resolved. I feel HP should take the laptop back as it is only months old, and from day one I have experienced tis problem. I dodnt think I will ever buy HP again. They havent been able to fix it and from all the forums it does appear that this is a known issue which no one want to address.

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Escoteric,

Thank you for your query.  I am glad to be of assistance.

I grasp that you are having an issue with the Internet being intermittent. You have contact HP Support and they had you check the power management and did a remote access session but the issue remains. 

First, would you check this  setting? 

• Open Device Manager
  • Click on network to expand the list
  • Right click on the Realtek and choose properties
  • Click on the power management tab
  • If allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is checked please remove it.
  • Repeat this for any additional network listings. 

Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree that should also help.

Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please keep me apprised of your progress. 

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

Escoteric Tutor
Tutor
12 7 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Sparkles1 I will try that and get back to you.  I see a lot of people from Lenevo, HP and where this Realtek wirless card is utilised have issues with this. But i do apprciate your comeback.

0 Kudos
Escoteric Tutor
Tutor
12 7 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1 I tried this and it did not resolve my situation. The wirless just keeps braking, and I have to reset the wireless adapter, I have tried everything, and HP support did but there is a fundamental problem with Realtek wireless card. I dnt know why HP use this wirless adapter. From all the forums it is a known issue. Many HP note book/ Laptop buyers are really peeved off with HP for not issuing a fix for this. I appreciate your input though. I think I will buy another brand in future, HP dont want to know only kind hearted individuals like yourself. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Escoteric,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

Escoteric Tutor
Tutor
12 7 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had a new network car replaced they unforunately replaceit with the the same Realtek RTL8723BE. This did not solve the intermitent wifi issues. The problem is the Realtak card.I will not by HP again complete and utter rubbish. This wifi car is a know issue, and HP fail to acknowlde it. 

0 Kudos
OMF1 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

went through all the realtek adapters and turned power off.  That did not resolve the problem, now like all others I am very concerned that HP has not addressed this issue.  I have been a loyal HP owner of 2 all in one units, this issue is the first I have ever had.  Sure hope HP applies a fix soon, real soon.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation