Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Comunity

Our company uses HP Probook laptops 430/440 G4/G5 for most of the office staff, we use 5GHz band for office users. There are complaints regarding wireless network performance from some users. 

After some testing I discovered that certain laptops(Probook 430 with Realtek RTL8822BE) can not connect to 5GHz access points with channels other than 36-48. Since access points channels are configured automatically by WLC and distributed from 36 to 161 its possible that some users with RTL8822BE are not located close enough to APs with 36-48 channels. As a result their signal is weak. 

Do you know about any limitation of RTL8822BE controller for 5GHz band? If so what is the way to overcome this?

Thanks,

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

i was having same issue like yours.

i'm on HP envy x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx

i was very stressed out cause all other devices can see my 5G network. yet my newly purchased laptop cannot see. was thinking to change the wifi adapter.

n e how.. i change my 5G channel to 36, and it saw the SSID, but this is not a solution.

going to change the wifi adapter to a reliable intel 1 instead

HP Recommended

Hey there,

today I bought a HP ProBook 440 G5 and having the same issue. 

There is built in a Realtek RTL8822BE WiFi card but it seems to be a very crappy card.

It has a lot of packet drops and even does not find my 5G wifi SIDs. Only after setting manually the channel to 36 it can find and connect to this WiFi SID.

That can not be a normal behaviour, isnt it? Can someone confirm that buying a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265NGW and replace the Realtek card works with the ProBook? Will this impact the warranty?

Best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.