cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
mgrac
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Recommendations on dual band wifi card for HP Envy 14t-j100

HP Recommended
HP Envy 14t-j100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This 14t-j100 has a Broadcom 802.11n Network adaptor in it and its acting slow.   Driver is 7.35.352.0.   Doing WiFi speed tests with other laptops & devices next to it shows this HP is slow.  I am having issues and cant take it anymore.  I would like recommendations to upgrade this seemlessly.   Thank you.    

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
100,805 39,840 13,087 27,443
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mgrac 

The series supports the following WLAN formats:

• Broadcom BCM943142 802.11 bgn 1×1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 Combo Adapter
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter

Your machine has the first adapter, you can use one of the next two

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mgrac
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If I purchase the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, do I need to purchase an additional antenna as well?  Not sure of the set up and haven't opened it up yet.  Downloading driver should be no issue.  

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation