Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DV6 6C80el - DV6 6170sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i need an information for buy a new wifi card for my notebook.
My notebook was a HP-DV6 6C80EL. My old mainboard was faulty and I've changed it with a new one (used).
This one has the same form but I've found out that it cames from annother dv6 model.
In fact my old Wlan card does not work with my new motherboard.

Now I want to know what is the appropriate part number for my motherboard.

HP support assistant says:
Motherboard: 3388 10.31

Last Bios F.1B

I've download the last byos from this link: https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-6000-quad-edition-entertainment-not...

My hypothesis is that the exact model is HP DV6 6170sl but I'm not sure. 

Can someone help me? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it is a combo card with WiFi & Bluetooth it may be the part 600370-001 with a Broadcomm chip.

This is not knowledge, just something I found by searching to get you started.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If it is a combo card with WiFi & Bluetooth it may be the part 600370-001 with a Broadcomm chip.

This is not knowledge, just something I found by searching to get you started.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Thank you! How did you found it? is there a reference website?

HP Recommended

I just did a Google search with the motherboard type you mentioned and found a dump of someone's configuration where I could see the Broadcomm chip type and searched from there. Many manufacturers use similar looking cards, so you have to be careful. There seem to be plenty of salvaged cards on the market so it's not a big investment even if it goes wrong.

HP Recommended

I bought the wifi card and now I have another problem. The pc starts with this wifi card inserted and windows recognise it like Broadcom wifi card but Windows does not allow me to turn on the wifi connection. It remains always off.
I tried to reinstall windows but same problem.
I'm on windows 10 64bit, it is a Driver problem or is a faulty wifi card?

I attach Hw Id of the Wifi Card: 

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

Thank you

HP Recommended

Probably just need to somehow enable the card, but not sure where this adventure ended:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-install-quot-HP-Wireless...

If you have similar trouble, you can maybe use e.g. 7-zip to unpack the driver package and try to install from Device manager directly if you recognize the 'unknown device'. You may have to enable the 'View hidden devices'

@Paul_Tikkanen really is the grandmaster of finding the SoftPaqs but I think he already mentioned the ones potentially working for the DV6 with W10. Some Googling might reveal workarounds if needed.

HP Recommended

Now it work but I'm ashamed to say how I fixed it :LaughingTears:

No way to enable it by software but it turned on after pressing F12 and wait 5-10seconds.
I will do other tests.

Thank you for all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.