manjaro
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Replacement Wifi card for Realtek Rtl8723be

HP Recommended
Hp 15 R250tu
Linux

Hello Everyone, Currently I am using Hp 15 R250tu laptop running Ubuntu 18.04 with Realtek RTL8723BE Internal Wifi card. But Ubuntu and Realtek wifi card are not in proper sync. After every 15-20mins the connection drops and then no matter what I do it does not connect then the only possible way to make it work is restart the system. I have tried several solutions but with each new kernel updates the issue returns back and I have to spend days or months to get it back to work that to temporarily till the next kernel updates. I have came to known that there is only single antenna port on wifi card and so this leaves no way to swap the antenna wire to aux port(port 2) and make the wifi work. This gives me thoughts to replace my wifi card and get rid of this issue once and for all. Please suggest me Wifi card which can be replaced to current one and even guide if anything other than this will work.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation