Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have found the wireless networking card (Ralink RT5390) in my Pavillion G6 (D8N88EA) to be faulty as it no longer shows up in device manager. Reseating the card does nothing to help so I have decided a replacement is required.

Could someone kindly provide a list of compatible cards? Or, even better, a link to a compatible replacement?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your notebook has an Intel processor, you should be able to replace the Ralink wifi card with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 HP Part # 710661-001

The cards is readily available on eBay or Amazon.

Search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

Here is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593041

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thank for providing me with that information  and the official part number. May I just ask, I assume that I can pick any of the Intel cards under that part number? Some are 7260 HMW and some have AC after it, I take it this doesn't matter as it's the same part but different model numbers?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As long as you get one that shows that part number on it, you should be fine.

The AC refers to the wireless protocol and the HMW/HMC refers to the form factor of the card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.