Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp elitebook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There All, I'm having a frustrating time with the current range of Hp Laptops at my company.

Laptops affected:

HP Elitebook 820 G3

HP Probook 430 G3

HP Probook 430 G2

They intermittently refuse to get an IP address from DHCP on Wired or wireless Network. They either display 169.xxx.xxx.xxx and subnet mask or they display the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx and the gateway of the last network it got a dhcp address from (very weird). Both wired and wireless stop working at the same time.

So online i found info on how to reset the IP Stack in windows:

netsh winsock reset catalog 

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

This solution works but its a manual process and it only works for a short while, a week or two later the IP stack needs to be reset once again.

I would really like a more permanent solution.

Things I have done:

All 3 laptops have latest bios from HP website.

All 3 were loaded with HP Win 10 media + drivers.

Wired and Wireless network card Drivers have been updated.

They are all running Windows 10 pro (1607) fully updated.

We have many HP laptops running Windows 7 without any issues so it seems to be specific to Windows 10 models.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.