cancel
Jjoel2 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset OS to Windows 7, unable to connect to Ethernet or wifi to download drivers.

Hp pavilion dm4 3000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I've attempted to download both the network driver software and diagnostic software from the hp drivers found at http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dm4-3000-beats-edition-entertainment-not....

I've then transferred over those files via usb to the laptop, but once they install I am unable to run the diagnostic or update my drivers.

My intel wireless n1030 shows up in network adapters and tells me it is up to date, but has a status of code 10 "this device cannot start"

What's the next step in trouble shooting my connection? Plugging in Ethernet or usb wireless device won't allow connections either
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19650 19602 1278 2049
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset OS to Windows 7, unable to connect to Ethernet or wifi to download drivers.

Hi @Jjoel2,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you have already tried to run the updates as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and still having the same issue. I'll try my best to help you with this.

Don't worry, we'll take care of this together 😉

Let's try to run the hardware test on both the adapters - Wireless and Ethernet. Here is the link.

Depending on the test results, If both the test passes, I would suggest you perform a System recovery using the recovery media created shortly purchased by you. If not you can go ahead and order a set of recovery media by call HP phone support. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number. 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Let me know the outcome. I'll be happy to help you with your concern.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation