Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Mini 210 1040sl

Hi, this is my first post here and I created this account just to ask this question so please give me a working solution. I found an old HP Mini 210-1040sl and decided to upgrade it to use as my main laptop since the one I have is breaking. After everything I thought that it would be interesting if I add a SIM Card. However in the SIM slot there is some spongy stuff and I cannot insert the SIM. It goes deep like 1.5 cm so I don't wanna get my SIM card stuck in there. Any solution? Shall I remove it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ImmortalChanger 

Many machines have SIM slot but the important thing most of them don't have is WWAN card. Without WWAN card the SIM card is useless. Did you buy option WWAN card for your 11 years old before ?

The SIM slot may be useless on your machine that why HP put something in to prevent you accidentally put your SIM card to it and then can't remove.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry for this very very very late reply but I got a new laptop and got locked out of my outlook account for a long time and no reason. I don't know what a WWAN card is and I don't know if I have one

HP Recommended

Hello, apparently, my laptop has been bought with a WWAN card, so I would like to use the SIM card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.