Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cn0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, the wi-fi internet on my laptop is ridiculously slow while all other devices work just fine. The speed on our both cell phones and on my roommate's laptop exceeds 200 Mbps, while my laptop shows 14 Mbps. This speed more or less is enough for a regular internet activities but not for remote access. I am not able to work normally for months, and this is frustrating. To note, we have 500 employees and IT department is saying I am virtually the only one who has this issue so persistent. Our connection involves router and modem. Of course I restarted everything. I also contacted our provider once. They made some configuration of the router (? - not sure exactly), after which the speed on my laptop became 250 Mbps. After that I didn't have speed issues for about a month. Now it's back again. I don't want to use Ethernet cable because I want to use wi-fi. Do you think the issue is the router or my laptop and what are the few options that can be done?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.