07-13-2017 04:47 PM
I have a relitively new Hp Envy laptop. using Windows 10 and browsing with Chrome, Initially the browsin speed was great, just what I wanted, but recently the speed has dropped, taking for ever to load web pages properly and playing short video clips almost impossible.
I've downloaded and run mcaffee, that made no differaence. I ditched that and downloaded AVG Ultimate. After running a clean up, brefly it was back to almost its best. But after just one day it has dropped again, mt other devices are fine.
I'm not techy...as you may have spotted, but has anyone got any suggestions. I see other's have similar issues, but mainly using other versions of windows etc. Is this something HP should be holding there hands upto, or even microsoft?
Please advise all suggestions welcome...
07-14-2017 06:29 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Envy series laptop. I read that the internet speed reduces gradually when you're using the Chrome web browser. You ran the clean up using the AVG antivirus and the issue got fixed for a while and then restarted.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Have you tried using an alternate web browser like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc. and checked the surfing speed?
- Apart from the internet, how if the overall speed of the laptop?
If the internet speed is low across all web browsers then please perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document. Thes steps usually help to improve the internet speed.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please do not hesitate to reply. Cheers! 🙂
07-15-2017 02:06 AM
Thanks MKazi for your responce...
In answer to your questions.
1. The product No. is 13-ab002na and seriel No. SCG 64900 SF
2. I have not used an alternative browser, as I say i'm not techy and I use what I know and know what I use...
3.Speed of the machione generally is good, about what I would expect for the quality and spec of the model...as far as I know. I'm happy with everything except the browsing speed.
07-15-2017 01:55 PM
Thanks for replying with the information.
Did you perform the steps to improve the internet speed from the HP document I suggested in my previous post? If yes and the internet is still slow then I recommend you to follow the below steps:
- Open the device manager.
- Expand "Network adapters".
- Right click on the drivers in Network adapters and select uninstall.
- Please download and install the wireless card drivers from this link.
- Restart the laptop after installing the drivers.
I hope this helps. Let me know how this pans out. Cheers! 🙂
07-18-2017 09:16 AM
Thanks for the reply, please do uninstall the Intel dual band wireless adapter, restart your computer couple times and then install the driver from the link shared earlier.
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
07-28-2017 08:31 AM
My issue seems to have dropped off the radar...I am awaiting a responce to my last post...If I remove the network driver, will I be able to download the new driver.
In my humble view without a driver, my access to the internet will be lost.