09-13-2012 03:58 PM
For 3 months my HP Pavilion has been with my bf, and now that I've got it back, the internet is extremely slow. I've already cleared files in my Temp folder, cleared my browsing history/cookies, scanned for viruses with AVG, and it is still unbearably slow. He even barely used it so I don't know why its acting this way. Also, its running on wireless internet, but my other laptop, also running on wireless, is faster and its only a netbook.
I really don't know what to do at this point.
09-13-2012 08:50 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 11:27 PM by OscarFuentes
Try few things and let me know the results..
First start the Computer in Safe Mode with Networking:
To load to Safe Mode with networking you'll have to continuosly tab F8 as soon asn you press the
Power button to turn ON. Once in Safe Mode with networking use the Internet and check if it is slow
Note: Safe Mode might look little different than the normal windows that you are used to because it is just a test mode..so nothing to worry..
The main reason we are trying this is to identify if the problem is software related or hardware related.
1. If internet works great in Safe Mode then most likely it is a software issue or software conflict.
i. Then perform a clean boot in safe mode only : How to perform a clean boot
2. If the internet and the computer runs slow in safe mode too then most likely hardware
problem..like could be the hard drive,wireless card etc..
ii. Then Perform System Diagnostics on the hard drive by tapping F2 as soon as you turn the computer On. (or follow the steps in the link below)
Let me know what happens..
09-16-2014 10:06 AM
I have a same kind of problem with my Pavilion g6 1010et notebook, for some weeks my internet speed is low and i had many disconnection issues. There is also problems with my 2nd OS Ubuntu 12.04, i can barely connect to internet, it is slow and a have many disconnection problems.
I run the computer in Safe Mode with networking, I was conneced to internet but i couldn't open any pages. So I did the memory and hard drive test and the result was OK.
So, is it hardware issue or software issue ? I can not understand, can you please help )
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)