Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
DB123456 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Slow internet when using MS Edge and Chrome

I got a new HP Notebook couple of months ago with Windows 10 installed.  For some reason the internet connection seems very slow when using MS Edge and Chrome, I've checked the wifi connection speed and it's showing full. 

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9854 921 1384
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @DB123456 – Hope you are well!

Thanks for reaching out. I’d like to help :)

I see that your internet is slow while using the Edge and Chrome browser. Did you try with any other browser? Is it only happening while using these browsers?

I would first suggest you clean the temporary / cache files and then restart your computer and check.

• Press “Windows logo key” + “R” to get Run window. Type “%temp% to get the temporary files folder.
  • Delete all possible the files that you see here. (You can skip the ones which you cannot delete)
  • Completely shut down your computer, and then restart the computer.
  • Now check the internet speed.

If the issue persists, try the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2fTNxue

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. Thank you!

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DB123456 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying, I tried what you suggested and unfortunately it hasn't helped at all.  I went to a friend's house yesterday and tried using their wifi, just double check it was not my wifi/internet.  It was exactly the same.

I've noticed when I use the Edge browser that it becomes exceptionally slow, and on Chrome the tabs become 'unresponsive' very quickly.  Doesn't matter what the page is, gmail, yahoo, youtube etc.  I only use one browser at a time, I don't have both open at the same time - not sure if that matters.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 905
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and clearing the temp files as suggested. I would like to know if you have tried all the steps mentioned in the article that was provided to you. 

If not, please try Steps 1,2,3,5,6 and 7 in the article. 

Also, please run HP Support Assistant to check for any driver updates and to diagnose issues. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation