1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Slow wifi connectivity on new laptop with 802.11b/g/n network adapter

HP Recommended
HP14q-cs0014TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently bought this new HP 14q-cs0014TU. The wifi on it is very slow. The speed on other devices is nearly four times than . this new laptop. The wifi signal on other devices has all three waves highlighted in the wifi icon and none on the new laptop. The network adapter/driver is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n and I have updated the drivers. The latest one is Realtek RTL8xxx Series Wireless LAN Drivers for MS10 (DCHU) and 2024.0.10.209. After the update the signal was better for an hour and then it went back to being weak.

I have seen other responses telling that this is single 1:1 band and 2.4GHz. What is the solution?

Can I use external USB wireless adapter to enhance the speed? If yes, which one?

If no solution then I will have to return the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,611 84,498 10,684 22,905
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sam_12 

Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n does not support higher speed networks namely 5.0GHz. You can use

Integrated Wireless options with single antenna (M.2/PCIe):

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 802.11 AC 1×1 WiFi + BT5 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)

Or you can use USB wireless. I actually add to one of my old machine USB wifi and use both of them at the same time for testing (the one with G5 is my 5.0G network)

both bands.png

By default, machine will pick the faster one to use

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation