Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I finally gave up on this device.  HP just blew it.

HP Recommended

Same problem here. I have the mouse now for 3 days and I have problems when my notebook (Dell Studio Laptop 1737 with Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN mini-card and Windows 7 home premium 64 bit) wakes up from hibernate.

I think the WiFi mouse is a great idea,  but it relies on the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" - and this adapter seems to be most unstable (seems to be a quick an dirty development). If I don't get over these troubles in the coming week, I will send back this mouse.

HP Recommended

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has this problem and not the only one ripped off by HP who is selling a product that doe snot perform.  I would assume that HP monitors these sites and I woudl expect HP to weight in on these issues. But then again, maybe they just don't care about their customers.

HP Recommended

OK, enough of that. Though I received a lot of tips and hints in different forums and tried many things, I didn't get this to work probably.  Each time after waking up from hibernate, the mouse does not work. And even if without hibernation, after one or two hours of usage dropouts appear.

This mouse goes back It's not only HP's fault as the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is a big mess, too. But this is very disappointing.

HP Recommended

This seems to be a flaw with HP's mouse (surprise surprise!) and Windows 7.

The only simply fix is, when it happens, go in the Network and Sharing Center, click on "Change Adapter settings", then find your wireless adapter (should be the middle one).  Select it, then click "disable this device", wait 2-3 seconds, then click "enable this device".  That should fix the problem whenever the "SoftAP is not available" problems occurs.

To HP employees - isn't it sad to read about your products' poor reputations?  You're becoming Compaq 2.0.

HP Recommended

@utopia67: I tried this many times, but after disabling the device, it could not be enabled again. And again, only a reboot helped.

HP Recommended

I am glad to hear that that is a work around, but it is not worth the effort, just to avid a mini-dongle.  HP should definately be ashamed of itself for this fiasco. Since they have never weighted in, I can only assume that they do not care.   I still have the original mouse that I purchased on the open market plus a free replacement mouse that HP sent because they were not smart enough to understand what was wrong.  They have my information from the service call. It sure would have been nice if they offered to reimburse me for the unit. Maybe they should sell off their computer division after all.

HP Recommended

kamat-hp, I just bought a wi-fi touch mouse X7000.  When I tried to install it, I got the softAP is not available notice.  Following the suggestion in your post, i ran a command pompt and got this:  The hosted network couldn't be started.  The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

I have Windows 7, a one-year-old ASUS laptop, and the Atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter.

What do you advicse

HP Recommended

This is the same message I received.  I am certain that HP monitors these posting.  i am shocke dthat they do not have the common coutesy to weigh in and help us out. Maybe they really don't want to be in the business?

HP Recommended

i bought hp pavilion dv7 on christmas 2009 and it comes with windows 7 already, how do i know if i have SoftAp or not? thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.