Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mhz #2 adapter stopped connecting to wifi.  The device cannot start. (Code 10) message displays in the device properties.  This just occurred with my laptop, after just a year of having it.  The driver version that is installed is 21.10.2.2 but when I try to install the new version from the HP website the system tells me that the latest version of the driver is already installed.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Updating drivers and other troubleshooting steps suggested by support do not resolve the issue.

Can the wifi card be replaced on this model?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Updated to windows 11 and the wireless adaptor is dead. Tried 8 different drivers from HP, intel, msft, nothing works. Hardware diagnostics show IRQ issue, but none exists. As far as I can tell, many, many people have this issue and HP cannot fix it. I have installed and unistalled both the device and the driver so many times it's  not funny, power cycled the machine over and over with every driver available, but basically my laptop is now junk. I will buy another and it will not be an HP. Never again. I have tried to contact them and all they have is a virtual chat think that doesn't understand anything at all. I've had Dell computers for years and I will go back. FU, HP.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue, just three weeks past the warranty expiration. I can't even talk to an agent over the phone without paying $15 (to have them tell me they can't help since it's out of warranty, I'm sure). When I use the Find A Service Center tool, the only option is a uBreakiFix that has absolutely no clue what I'm talking about, says they don't work on HP laptops. This entire situation is a insult and I will be letting everyone I know to NEVER BUY FROM HP for the rest of my life. Imagine not providing ANY support for a $2000 PRODUCT

HP Recommended

It might help to get HP to notice they have an issue if we try to amalgamate all these threads (there are several on this problem with different names, but the root issue is the same). For example, there is another thread at

•  Re: Problem using Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adaptor after Windows ...

There are also mentions of the issue off the HP Support (HAHA) site all over the internet. I think HP must be getting out of the laptop business or they would be making some effort to figure this out.  There are literally hundreds of total complaints out there, but I have never seen ANY response from HP, other than several people that got new motherboards. This is NOT a hardware problem, as I do not believe a software update can cause a motherboard failure. It's a either software/drivers/BIOS or a major design fault. Either way, we all paid 2k+ for some nice paperweights.

HP Recommended

Good to know that I'm not alone on this issue, it's been driving me bonkers. Thought that I was an idiot who couldn't fix a simple wifi issue, turns out it's the c***s at HP who've done this. Welp, nothing left now except to buy a Lenovo or anything that isn't a damned HP.

HP Recommended

I have the same wireless adapter in my pavilion 13", and am having the same issues.  I tried contacting support and was told since it's out of warranty by a couple of months, there's nothing they can do.  The UEFI hardware test shows no issues with it, but the hardware diagnostics in windows says it has an irq issue.

HP Recommended

I had this issue about three months ago; I looked all over the place but couldn't find any solutions, so I ordered a USB WiFi adapter for like $20; even if it was cheap, it's ridiculous that HP couldn't help. Anyway, the laptop started working normally the next day; I decided to keep the adapter just in case. I have since then had that issue come and go. Fortunately, the WiFi will still work with the USB WiFi adapter whenever the laptop's adapter fails.

So, I wouldn't count on HP Support to help much here; although not ideal, I recommend you buy yourself a USB WiFi adapter to continue to use your $2k+ laptop. I would love to buy a new laptop but unfortunately can't afford it, so this will do for now. Needless to say, my next laptop probably won't be an HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.