Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

been a while on this topic but i still have the problem i had mentioned here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-X360-wont-share-wireless-conn...

i.e. project to wireless display/miracast isnt available when i choose project from windows notification.

everything is updated to recent versions/windows fully updated etc.

the only thing that works is actuall disabling and enabling the wifi card.  Miracast returns after that until the next reboot.

for some reason it wont "stick"

similar to this https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Miracast-wireless-display-option-disa... but there isnt an actual solution in the ticket besides and update.

any recent ideas anyone? 

before the wifi card disable/enable and after below

after wifi adapter reset.jpgprior to wifi adapter resetprior to wifi adapter reset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ok got lucky,

i tried to change to wifi drivers dating to 2016 and 2017.  it worked.  the problem went away.  i noticed that after 2018 drivers didnt work though. the main difference was that there is a setting prior to 2018 called AUTO in the advanced section of the drivers settings under category Wireless mode. when the drivers allowed for AUTO then it worked.  if you had the selection between 6 options (5GHZ/2.4GHZ and dual band) it "broke" , So just before i gave up hope on any drivers after 2017 (which would be ok probably) i got around to unistalling the Intel Prowireless WIFI software.  I dont know why but by doing that the problem went away all together.  SO I guess there was a software issue there for 2018 and after drivers/ Win 10 PRO and the Inter Pro Wireless Wifi Software.  it seems good now. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I should add i completely removed the antiviurs also, and the problem remains as already explained.

I tried to find https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/policy-csp-wirelessdisplay#wirelessdi... these policy settings to enable them by default but couldnt find them on my pc.

HP Recommended

@Alexk_Greece Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that laptops wont shares a wireless connection or offer Miracast.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05189396

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

thanks for the reply.

as i mentioned in my original post, everything is updated correctly.HP support assistant also. the problem is so long term that it isnt an issue with the updating but more about compatibilityof the windows version with something on the computer or with windows pro perhaps?

the guide you mention below if for someone who isnt using the miracast function already. my issue is that the computer forgets it has the ability to work with miracast after a reboot and i have to disable and enable the wifi card to make it come back. I can then make it work perfectly

so the answer is more  complex i feel than the current steps you propose are a much simpler view of the problem. Is there some more technical way to share the issue? would a video grab of my screen help you understand the issue?

HP Recommended

@Alexk_Greece

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196 I feel it is a little heavy handed to do a reset which will cost time and futher errors in the future without understanding the why of the issue.  I realize your role is supporting but could you suggest how I could get a more in depth level of support for identifying the cause perhaps? I already have reached out to my company IT people but they cant make heads or tails out of it.

Alex

HP Recommended

@Alexk_Greece

I understand your concerns. 

We do not have the option to take the remote control and check.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

ok got lucky,

i tried to change to wifi drivers dating to 2016 and 2017.  it worked.  the problem went away.  i noticed that after 2018 drivers didnt work though. the main difference was that there is a setting prior to 2018 called AUTO in the advanced section of the drivers settings under category Wireless mode. when the drivers allowed for AUTO then it worked.  if you had the selection between 6 options (5GHZ/2.4GHZ and dual band) it "broke" , So just before i gave up hope on any drivers after 2017 (which would be ok probably) i got around to unistalling the Intel Prowireless WIFI software.  I dont know why but by doing that the problem went away all together.  SO I guess there was a software issue there for 2018 and after drivers/ Win 10 PRO and the Inter Pro Wireless Wifi Software.  it seems good now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.