Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13 (aw0020ng)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • Model: HP Spectre x360 13 aw0020ng

• Bios: F13 rev. A (latest)

• Wifi Adapter: Intel AX201 (21.90.3.2)

• AntiVirus: Eset

So I just recently bought a Spectre x360. After replacing two defective units I now received a new one which is perfectly fine, except it won't connect to some WiFi networks. Windows would only give the very unspecific error of not being able to connect to this network when i try to connect to it.
It will however connect to 5ghz networks and some 2.4 ghz networks like i.e. a hotspot created on my phone.

After trying everything i found on the internet to resolve the problem of not being able to connect o my home wifi including :

• resetting network

• disabling Firewall / uninstalling ESET

• deleting known networks

• winsock reset amongst other cmd commands

• router reset

• driver updates and rollbacks

• win 10 factory reset

• HP cloud recovery tool (formats the entire SSD end gives you real factory settings)

• trying different adapter settings

I found out by fiddling with my router settings, that it will only connect to networks on 2.4 ghz, if they use channels 1 to 8.

If they use i.e. channel 11, which is very common, the laptop won't connect, but i am still able to see those networks.

All the other devices are able to connect to the same router/network no problem no matter the channel.

I can not seem to find a solution to this as the AX201 Wireless adapter has nor regions option in the device manager, which would somehow limit the adapter to some channels.
I also plugged in a wifi usb stick, which connects perfectly fine to networks running on channel 11.
I dont know if the hardware is defective, or if it is a software related issue, though I tend to lean towards hardware defect. There is not much to find on the internet regarding this issue unfortunately.

Does anyone have an Idea on how to fix this?

HP really seems to have some Quality control issues with their Spectres and I'm not really willing to send it in for a repair, which I was told would take at least 3 Weeks, which is a lot of time without a laptop given the current situation and that I had to have it replaced 2 times already since I bought it at the end of April.

Thanks!

Edit: accidentally created two posts, as I could not see the first one after editing the Tags

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.