Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15

Hi! I've been googling this problem for a while and super frustrated. I have an HP Omen 15. I have had multiple wireless problems on this laptop but only on my home connection so far. two things happen suddenly (1 or the other, never together)

1) For some strange unknown reason all of a sudden my WiFi speed will drop on laptop and develop high pings. The drop can range from 90% to 50% while ping spikes will go from 3 to 400. Meanwhile the speed/ping on my phone and other devices will remain stable. I will need to reset router or restart laptop to solve this speed issue but the problem can occur again within next 5 mins of 5 hours. I can never be sure

2) Sometimes the Wifi connection for my home will connect and disconnect within seconds and continue happening till again I reset the laptop or my router. Meanwhile the WiFi will work fine with my phone. The internet does not go to "limited"but just disconnects. The signal strength marker will show up at 75% when this problem is happening. Otherwise it is always at 100% when the internet is fine.

Both issues occur randomly and annoy me to no end especially when I'm gaming online. They sometimes go away on their own but there is no set time or duration and I usually end up resetting router or laptop out of frustration. 

I have tried reinstalling my WiFi drivers and it has not helped at all! I'm genuinely confused why this happens only to my Laptop on my home connection. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zeesh
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. After system boots to the windows desktop 

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

7. To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  8. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  9. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  10. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  11. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  12. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know about hard resets so I'll try it and let you know the results. It might take a while since the problem is so random so I don't know when it will occur again or get resolved. It happened 2 days back and then today again but in between my internet worked smoothly on the phone and my other laptop. 

Also, no I have not made any hardware/software changes. 

Will get back to you after these steps.

HP Recommended

@Zeesh
Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.