Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN - 15-ek0556nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I bought this notebok Omen 15 2020 ek0556nd for a few days and I am having a lot of problems, it started making blue screens and even sudden restarts while I am browsing or other, also I also take this opportunity to say that the wifi card seems to have problems because I have a very slow wifi connection with 5ghz, while with the old laptop I had never had similar problems.
Please someone expert tell me what I can do, I would like to understand if there is any hardware defect or just software and fix it, I bought this notebook on ebay, but I am covered by the warranty for 6 months or 1 year.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

First I would try to completly update the PC.

Latest version of Winodws is  20H2

You can follow this guide

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/New-notebook-running-slow/ta-p/7057949

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Done, but the wifi is always slow in downloading, instead my phone uses all the bandwidth to the maximum. it's so frustrating I don't know what to do anymore

HP Recommended

Hi@Niko87, Welcome to the HP Support Community! Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

I understand you have wireless connection issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'm here to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are the wireless drivers listed in the device manager?

HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

If you are connecting your PC using a wireless connection try updating the BIOS, chipset, and wireless drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Note: Before uninstallation of the wireless drivers make sure your PC is connected via ethernet cable.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Try the steps recommended below to solve the wireless issue with your PC.

Click the Start Button.
Type “Device Manager” and press Enter.
Click Continue if prompted.
Click the [+] next to Network adapters.
Right Click on “Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC” or similar Wireless card.
Click Properties.
Click on the Advanced Tab.
Click on 802.11d.
On the right-hand side change the drop-down to Enabled.
The  following steps are optional but may help:
Select TX power level.
On the right-hand side change the drop-down to 100%.
Select Wireless mode.
On the right-hand side change the drop-down menu to “IEEE 802.11b/g”.
Click OK.

Manually change network settings

Manually changing the network settings can resolve wireless connection issues. Create a restore point in Windows, and then manually change the network settings.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Create a restore point.
The System Properties window displays.
Click Create.
Type a name for the restore point, and then click Create.
Windows creates the restore point.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for Command Prompt. In the results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If a User Account Control screen displays asking if you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer, click Yes.

Type the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each one.

ipconfig/flushdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
To open the TCP Global Settings, type netsh int tcp show global in Command Prompt and then press Enter.
Make sure all settings are disabled except Receive-Side Scaling State.
Close Command Prompt, reboot the system and then try to connect to the Internet.

Forget the wireless connection

If you’re having a “Windows 10 can’t connect to this network” error, you might want to “forget” your wireless connection in order to fix this problem. To forget the wireless network on Windows 10, do the following:

Open Settings App and go to Network & Internet.
Go to the Wi-Fi section and click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
Scroll down to the Manage known networks, select your Wireless network, and click Forget.
After you’ve done that, connect to the same wireless network again.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot wireless issues with your laptop. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try running a system diagnostics on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.