Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15 r014tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Suddenly My Wireless Key (f12) In My Keyboard Showing Orange instead of white, I can't able to Connect to any wifi or Bluetooth. Then I was done a system diagnostic test and found that wireless module check showing not installed. Then I did a full reset of my pc. Then surprisingly I was able to connect to connect to wifi, but after next boot same problem arrived and my wireless key turned orange again. What is the problem. Icon In Taskbar Showing Lan Symbol with a Red Cross Mark. In Device Manager I Can't Able To Find Any WiFi adapter and Bluetooth Adapter. Please Suggest Me, What Can I Do
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It sounds to me like the wifi card has bad contact in the slot it goes into, since both the wifi and bluetooth are disappearing.

Either that, or the actual wifi card circuit board is going bad.

I suggest that you remove and firmly reseat the wifi card and see if that resolves the problem.

Leave the antennas connected if you can to facilitate an easy reinstallation of the card.

Here is the link to the service manual for your notebook.  The wifi card R & R procedures can be found in chapter 6, starting on page 61.

Unfortunately, it is not very easy to get to where the wifi card is located.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

I'll give you the link to the latest W8.1 wifi driver for it.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Hi:

It sounds to me like the wifi card has bad contact in the slot it goes into, since both the wifi and bluetooth are disappearing.

Either that, or the actual wifi card circuit board is going bad.

I suggest that you remove and firmly reseat the wifi card and see if that resolves the problem.

Leave the antennas connected if you can to facilitate an easy reinstallation of the card.

Here is the link to the service manual for your notebook.  The wifi card R & R procedures can be found in chapter 6, starting on page 61.

Unfortunately, it is not very easy to get to where the wifi card is located.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

I'll give you the link to the latest W8.1 wifi driver for it.

HP Recommended
I don't Know The Model Of WiFi Adapter, Sir, I Don't Know How to remove and reseat the wifi card
HP Recommended

Hi:

Read the chapter in the service manual I posted above for how to remove the wifi card.

The parts list states that your notebook has a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter.

These would be the latest drivers for that card.

But if it is not showing up in the device manager, the drivers probably won't install.

Wifi

5.0.50.0 Rev.B

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69543.exe

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64041.exe

HP Recommended
Sir, I am able to use wifi and Bluetooth tommorow but suddenly the key turn orange and I am not able to use again. I does a hard reset and then I was able to use it but next time when I boot my PC the adapter vanished on device manager, but in program and feature both the driver is installed
HP Recommended

That is why I think there is an electrical contact issue with the wifi card--or there is a hardware issue with the card itself.

It should be on all the time and not randomly disappear.

You shouldn't have to be resetting the PC and whatnot.

Anyway, I have given you the only suggestion I can offer.

HP Recommended
Is WiFi card and Bluetooth card is 1 or 2?
Can You Please Tell Me The Price Of Wifi Card.
Can you suggest me sir, what is the hardware needed to open my laptop, because I don't know how to open and which screw driver needed, If any online Link of screw driver really appreciated. Thank U
Sorry For Bad English.
HP Recommended

Hi:

The wifi and bluetooth is one card.

Once you have the notebook open, if reseating the wifi card does not work, let me know how many antennas are connected to the wifi card in there now, and I will give you the link to a better replacement card.

Usually you can open the notebook with a set of jeweler's screw drivers.  You may also need an old plastic credit card to help pry the plastic open, so that you don't scratch or mar it.

The manual should tell you exactly what you need to do.

HP Recommended
Can You Give Me A Link Jeweler's Screw Driver Link, Thank You
HP Recommended

If you don't live in the USA, I wouldn't be able to help you.

You should be able to pick up a set of jeweler's screwdrivers at any local hardware store.

You need a set that looks like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-66-039-Jewelers-Precision-Screwdriver/dp/B00002X29G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.