Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi:

If that driver doesn't work either, then I guess you will have to take a chance on upgrading the wifi card to a newer model.

I looked up the part numbers in the service manual and they seem to be of the M.2 form factor, so you should be good there.

HP EliteBook 840 G2 Notebook PCHP EliteBook 740 G2 Notebook PCHP ZBook 14 G2 Mobile Workstation Main...

This is the part number of the Intel 7265 AC wifi card that works on my ASUS AX router and is supported by the newer driver.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac 2 × 2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter   HP part # 793840-005

So, I was wrong about the model of the card that is working for me...I have the 7265 AC, not the N card..

Since you would be experimenting no matter what, you may as well opt for a newer card.

Intel Wireless-Ac 9260, 2230, 2X2 Ac+Bt, Gigabit, No Vpro : Amazon.in: Electronics

HP Recommended

Hi tried this update but did not help.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100659.exe

SO I will try to see if the issue resolved with the upgraded cards. I hope that should fix. I will post you on the update.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I was pondering some more about this...

I am not familar with your new router, but on a lot of these new models they may have default settings on the 5.0 GHz wifi band that allow for AC and AX only.

My router has 3 bands...one 2.4 GHz band and two 5.0 GHz wifi bands, and I can configure these 3 bands to only allow for certain type wifi cards to connect.

I have mine set up to let dual band N cards connect on the 2.4 Ghz band and one of the 5.0 GHz bands, but on the other 5.0 GHz band, I only allow AC and AX cards to connect to that SSID.

Check your routers settings and see if you need to change the connection to mixed mode that allows any dual band wifi card to connect to the 5.0 GHz band or, until you get the wifi card upgraded, only use the 2.4 GHz wifi band for now.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input. While I do some testing around you can also look at the Archer C80 emulator  and check the settings available. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

That isn't the problem either.

I checked the settings for both bands and they are both allowing N-cards to connect.

WPA2 personal AES is also the correct security setting.

I am stumped.

I have an ancient HP notebook (nc6400) with the Intel 3945 b/g wifi adapter and it connects to my router just fine on the 2.4 GHz band.

HP Recommended

HI,

Finally I could get Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (Model: 7265NGW) wireless adaptor for the laptop and replaced Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 Card and it works with almost all WiFi Routers including my TP-Link Archer C80.

Thank you Paul for all your help and guidance that finally proved that the card that came with the 840 G2 Laptop ( Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265) does not connect to the WiFi router (TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router). There are no issues with the Router configuration.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm glad that the Intel 7265 AC card resolved the problem for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.