1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to transfer files TO my HP Notepad via Bluetooth

Notepad
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I recently acquired my HP notepad (serial No, removed content)  and would like to transfer files to it via Bluetooth from a mobile phone. Do I require a dongle to do this, as every time I try this, the files fail to send?

And if I do require a dongle, what sort do I need, what is compatible?

Many thanks in advance

David

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to transfer files TO my HP Notepad via Bluetooth

Hi @Daveyboy1974,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What is your precise model of HP notepad do you have? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I gather that you are trying to transfer files from your phone to the HP notebook via Bluetooth but have not been successful You inquired about using a dongle or if you need one. If one is required, yes you could use a dongle. When I know what your exact product is, I can check if the notebook has Bluetooth. If you open Device Manager is Bluetooth listed? If it does support Bluetooth here is a link that may help. HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 😎.  Please keep me updated on your progress.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. 

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation