cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
BT_with_Spectre
Level 2
14 9 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

UPLOAD SPEED IS VERY LOW - Spectre X360 15-Eb0001 2T980EA#ABU

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15-Eb0001 2T980EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

speedtest installed as per https://www.shellhacks.com/test-internet-speed-linux-command-line/  shows single units of Kbps on 150Mbps symmetrical pipe, other systems win8, Mac, android on the same pipe show 140-160Mbps, the same as this box several month ago.

after reset as per https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/5336  it got back to normal after the first reboot and after the next reboot got back to failure.

all drivers are up to date / happened with no apparent reason and even reset did not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BT_with_Spectre
Author
Level 2
14 9 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after series of troubleshooting steps to exclude ISP, home router, NIC hardware, NIC drivers, and OS, I hypothesized that the problem is with "some sort" of software that "somehow collects the network usage stats, and after network reset and then after the second reboot applies those parameters" that hinder my network speed via CLI only (both CygWin and WSL).

I finally found that my HP system has preinstalled "HP Command Center" software, which by default is set to "automatically" "booster" network usage of the running applications.

once I 1) disabled optimization, and 2) reset network interfaces (Windows Search > Network Reset > Reset) to "clean up" any residual optimization configurations the system might have applied - after reboot again and again it behaves the way as expected:

results after the fix applied 

@HP - how inconsiderate of you to release software without comprehensive testing that hinders the system performance and not finding a solution despite so many complaints?! I was offered to take the system for service, which would leave me without a tool for an unspecified period of time, I was offered to reinstall everything from scratch - that obviously would not fix the issue. given many other problems I have with this system and the support i've got, this is the last time i turn myself to hp as a vendor.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,798 64,512 12,408 21,371
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BT_with_Spectre 

Please ask your ISP. Normally the download speed is high but the upload speed is lower. My ISP offers me a cheap package with 50/5 that means my download (50Mbs) speed is 10 times faster than the upload (3Mbs) speed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
BT_with_Spectre
Author
Level 2
14 9 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i believe i have mentioned that "other systems win8, Mac, android on the same pipe show 140-160Mbps" and i have 1GB fiber, and as I also mentioned i have "150Mbps symmetrical pipe"

BT_with_Spectre
Author
Level 2
14 9 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien - any other thoughts?

2021-05-22 14.24.52.jpg2021-05-22 14.20.41.jpg

BT_with_Spectre
Author
Level 2
14 9 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after series of troubleshooting steps to exclude ISP, home router, NIC hardware, NIC drivers, and OS, I hypothesized that the problem is with "some sort" of software that "somehow collects the network usage stats, and after network reset and then after the second reboot applies those parameters" that hinder my network speed via CLI only (both CygWin and WSL).

I finally found that my HP system has preinstalled "HP Command Center" software, which by default is set to "automatically" "booster" network usage of the running applications.

once I 1) disabled optimization, and 2) reset network interfaces (Windows Search > Network Reset > Reset) to "clean up" any residual optimization configurations the system might have applied - after reboot again and again it behaves the way as expected:

results after the fix applied 

@HP - how inconsiderate of you to release software without comprehensive testing that hinders the system performance and not finding a solution despite so many complaints?! I was offered to take the system for service, which would leave me without a tool for an unspecified period of time, I was offered to reinstall everything from scratch - that obviously would not fix the issue. given many other problems I have with this system and the support i've got, this is the last time i turn myself to hp as a vendor.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation