Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY DV6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY DV6 notebook wireless card stopped working from last week (  I am able to connect to internet with ethernet cable)  unable to see any available wireless network.

As a secondary option used a Realtek RTL8811AU wireless lAN 802.11AC USB 2.0 NETWORK ADAPTER.

Now I am able to see available network connections , and tried to connect but failed, telling " can't connect to this network.

Noticed Wireless on off key button (F12) glows amber color . Tried to start  (PRESSED THE BUTTON) but no changes .

At PC settings , wireless switch on off option switch is with grey color , unable to change on or off  (not dark black , like it is anavialable ) , airline mode  is off. 

IP4 port setting both are set as automatic  .

Net work adapter is enabled  and tried diagnostic and drive updated,  still no luck

Reset the bio with F10 and F9 still no luck.

pinged 127.0.0.1 on cmd  it reads adapter . tried ipconfig telling adapter is off position.

My other laptops and desktops working wirelessly  so I am sure my router is working good,

For me looks like bad network card but not sure why still external usb network adaptor also not working. 

Any help appreciated ..thanks Jobin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Is the button installed?

HP Wireless Button Driver

1.0.7.12.8 MBApr 3, 2013Download

Then try a CLI like this...

Getmac All.pngSSID WiFi Born On.png

Getm should show Ethernet, Bluetooth and WiFi.

ipconf should list the adapter and it's drivers etc.

getmac
ipconfig -all
msinfo32

Along with Device Manager show Hidden Devices and the ESC + F1 screen should establish if it is indeed a failed Adapter card as you suspect.

Hidden Devices.pngmsinfo32.png

If in doubt please ask.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I know this may sound strange but have you tried setting your power plan setting to high performance and rebooting?

I noticed my Wi-Fi card is disabled after Windows 10 1709 update was applied. After switching to high performance or specifically setting the advanced power option for the wireless card to maximum performance, everything worked ok.

HP Recommended

Thank you , Yes I forgot to mention that , I tried that both power option. 

HP Recommended

Hi

Is the button installed?

HP Wireless Button Driver

1.0.7.12.8 MBApr 3, 2013Download

Then try a CLI like this...

Getmac All.pngSSID WiFi Born On.png

Getm should show Ethernet, Bluetooth and WiFi.

ipconf should list the adapter and it's drivers etc.

getmac
ipconfig -all
msinfo32

Along with Device Manager show Hidden Devices and the ESC + F1 screen should establish if it is indeed a failed Adapter card as you suspect.

Hidden Devices.pngmsinfo32.png

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Thank you CF4,

Your information lead me to go further , noticed that Ralink RT 5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not working getting ( code 45 error on properties) . At lease right now I could able to make it work external usb network adapter by upgraded from wondow 8 to 8.1 , that adapter was not compitable with window 8. 

Still  I am working on inbuilt Ralink network card to make it work . Once I make success I will update here. At present it is not seeing in devise manager, I think it is bad card.

Thanks again CF4 for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.