Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to connect my phone to my laptop via bluetooth

hp ac650tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to connect my phone to my laptop via bluetooth. I also have made both the devices visible,but still no one could recognise the other one. Even i have tried this with my dad's phone, but i faced the same problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2352
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to connect my phone to my laptop via bluetooth

Hi @Arisri,

Thanks for visiting the HP Forums. It is a great location to get support, resolutions tips and tricks from experts in the community.  I read your post about Bluetooth not working correctly with this computer while pairing different devices. It’ll be a pleasure to assist you.

At the outset, I need to commend you for trying multiple devices with your notebook. Superb work there! It is always a privilege to work with a tech-savvy person like you.  I checked the product specs of the unit and found that the wireless card and the Bluetooth  feature are  integrated to make it a combo card.

Please check this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ac600-notebook-pc-series/9329955/document/c04997085

Please perform these steps and visit these links to try and resolve the issue.

1. Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable. The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. ...
  2. Select the Start button > type Bluetooth > select Bluetooth settings from the list.
  3. Turn on Bluetooth > select the device > Pair.
  4. Follow any instructions if they appear.

Open windows Control Panel, open Power Options and next to your currently selected power plan, click Change plan setting.  In the following window, click Change advanced power settings.  In the next window, open up 'Wireless Adapter Settings' and then open up 'Power Saving Mode'.  Next to On battery: click the current setting and a drop-down box will appear - select 'Maximum Performance'.  Do the same for Plugged in.  Then click Apply and Ok to save these settings.

Restart the notebook and see if this has helped the issue.

Also open device manager. Go to Network adapters and expand it. Select the wireless network adapter for your device by right-clicking on it and clicking on properties. Then go to power management option and uncheck the box that says” Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Also, check the box that says “Allow this device to wake the computer”. Do the same for "Bluetooth adapters" also.

Link for troubleshooting Bluetooth issues: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03429630

Link 2 for troubleshooting Bluetooth issues with windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-in/support/troubleshooting/mouse/wireless-bluetooth

Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope your computer Bluetooth connection issues are resolved without hassles and it stays healthy for a long time. Thanks for being a part of the HP community and if you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and  if this helps, please mark it as “Accepted Solution”.

Take care and do have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation