Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-ed1001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

I tried Wifi connecting our new HP Envy x360 15-ed1001na Laptop to the Samsung Smart TV tonight and it just won't connect. It simply says "Unable to connect", with no other error messages.

Our previous HP Envy, 15 as well and of similar spec, seems to connect just fine with no drivers needing to be updated back in 2017.

I went ahead and updated the Intel Iris XE and the NVidia MX450 Graphics Drivers but got the same error message from the TV.

It looks like it is trying to connect, it flickers for a few moments, just like the other HP Envy which is working, but then nothing happens. The TV then reports that it was "Unable to connect".

I appreciate this is a new Laptop, but I thought seeing as it's almost the same Envy just with a few upgrades it would be the same experience.

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kungfoowiz 

How do you connect them ? Some smart TV's require special information to connect from source, you need to tell it to connect from a computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kungfoowiz 

How do you connect them ? Some smart TV's require special information to connect from source, you need to tell it to connect from a computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey BH,

Thanks 😃 I had another fiddle with it tonight!

And got some success! 😃

The problem was not Hardware related.

It needed a Software Update.

I kept pressing the Refresh on Windows Updates.

After installing all available updates, the one which did it was the Windows 10 HS20 Update.

I suspect there is maybe a Wireless Driver update included in it, which fixed Wifi Connect to Smart TV.

Cheers for your help 😃

Edward

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.