Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop 13-aq0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop connects with no issues to the 2G wifi band, but whenever I click the 5G band it brings up the message 'Unable to connect to this network'. The 5G band is displayed fine, but the laptop just won't connect to it. Other household devices connect to 5G with no issues. I have updated drivers to the best of my knowledge and have set 5G as the preference over 2G but none of this has helped. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@junimeg

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.