hid13
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to find 5G wireless network on HP envy

HP Recommended
HP envy
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I've been using an HP Envy for years. Until recently (within the past few weeks), I could connect to my 5G network with no issue. Now, I can only see and connect to my 2.4G network and it's really too slow. Other devices in my house (my cell phone, TV, etc) are connected to the 5G so it seems only an issue with this particular laptop.

I've tried troubleshooting online and haven't been able to fix this problem. In my Windows update history, I can see 'Failed' updates in September for the Ralink WLAN Wi-Fi Adapter (could be the cause?) Drivers appear to be up to date; 5G is enabled. Not sure what else to check.

Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
12,177 12,114 2,420 4,944
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model or product number of your Envy so we can take a look at the specs.

Model number

Let me know,

David

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hid13
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, the model is 

HP Envy 4-1105dx

Sorry for the delay, thought I'd posted this when the question was first asked but found my reply sitting in drafts:)

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation