04-18-2016 12:57 PM
I have a HP Notebook 15.
I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone.
I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.
There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it.
I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked.
What should I try next?
04-19-2016 11:47 AM
Welcome to HP Forums!
I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help.
Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.
If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)