Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (172 Views)

Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Product Name: HP Notebook 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Notebook 15.

I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone.

I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.

There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it.

I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked.

What should I try next?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (129 Views)

Re: Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help.

Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Cat Very Happy

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation