1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrade Wifi card?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17-bw0011nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP ENVY - 17-bw0011nr and wanted to see if I can upgrade to wifi 6.  I currently have wifi ac.  Is there a whitelist for the wifi card?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 471 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nick138 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the Wifi card.

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

I have checked the manual.

Your product has Integrated wireless local area network (WLAN) options by way of on-board wireless module Two built-in WLAN antennas Supports the following WLAN modules:

Intel 9260 ac 2×2 + Bluetooth 5 M.2 2230 non-vPro PCI-e+USB world-wide

Intel D1 7265 ac 2×2 + Bluetooth 4.2 M.2 non-vPro PCI-e+USB world-wide

I would suggest you purchase the external wireless device.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation