Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy DV7-7333cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I would like to upgrade my current internal wireless card on my Envy Dv7-7333cl notebook. I currently have Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b|g|n| WiFi Adapter. What are my internal hardware options out there I can use to upgrade what I currently have? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @usernamecv

I would recommend Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module. However, I suggest you check the specifications of all the wireless cards and replace it with the one which best suits your need.

I hope that answers your question.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @usernamecv

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the wireless card on your computer and want to know the available options for your computer.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

I checked the specification of your computer and I see that the following wireless cards are supported on your PC.

● Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter

● Atheros WB225 802.11b/g/n 1×1 Bluetooth Combo Adapter

● Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter

● Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module

● Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module

● Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter

For more information please refer to the below service manual.

http://hp.care/2rficMN

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Great! Thank you for the response and I would like to ask your opinion as to what you would reccommend? What would you suggest for me in the list you provided would be the best upgrade option? Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi @usernamecv

I would recommend Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module. However, I suggest you check the specifications of all the wireless cards and replace it with the one which best suits your need.

I hope that answers your question.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.