Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv6 1120ev
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i would like to upgrade the wifi card in order to work in dual band. Which card is compatible with my pc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@morfeas4 Here's everything you need to know about upgrades:

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

The above parts are tested and approved by HP, if you wish to change the same, you may do so at our own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@morfeas4
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 802.11b/g/n drive installed on the PC. 
If your adapter supports 802.11a, it will definitely support 5GHz. The same goes for 802.11ac.  

To get the answer to this question, this computer does not support the 5G network or dual band.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there

Thanks for your answer however my laptop's hardware (as I bought it with Windows Vista and I upgraded to Windows7 64 bit) supports only 802.11b/g. When I received the free upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit the only driver has been installed is for 802.11g. I'm looking for a potential solution to replace my wifi card in order to achieve dual band wifi. I realize that the compatibility is an issue but I' looking for a dual band 802.11b/g/n or 802..11ac, whatever is feasible if it really is.

Thanks again

morfeas4

HP Recommended

@morfeas4 Here's everything you need to know about upgrades:

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

The above parts are tested and approved by HP, if you wish to change the same, you may do so at our own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.