Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17t-g100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have the HP Pavilion 17t-g100. The wireless seems to be defective and I would like to replace the card from the Intel Dual Band wireless (AC3165) and install a wifi 6 wireless card.

1- Will this computer take and work with this upgraded card? If yes, which one(s) are best recommended?

2- Does this affect the wired ability or is that a separate card/chip/connection internally and I would need something different to upgrade the wired speed of the IEEE connection?

3- Also, is there anywhere on this laptop to add a solid state drive?

4- And, am I able to upgrade the CPU in this machine?

Lots of questions but I can't find anything (even hints) on the HP website.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

TY in advance for anyone that can help me.

SC

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SellCell

I reviewed your post and I understand that you have questions in regard to upgrades on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you refer to the below service guide for your computer and it has all the information you are looking for.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04655191

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I had already downloaded the manual and read the 2 pages regarding replacing the module. However you didn't answer any of my questions.

I asked if I can put in a wifi 6 card. No mention in the manual or at HP website or any website that speaks of HP has this information. This is why I asked here on HP tech support, hoping that someone at HP might know about the laptops they sell. Of this i am very disappointed because I can't buy an item to do the replacement since I don't know if it will accept it and even more, I asked for a recommendation of which wifi 6 to get.

I asked if there is anywhere in this laptop to install a solid state drive. Again, no mention in the manual or at HP website or any website that speaks of HP has this information. This is why I asked here on HP tech support, hoping that someone at HP might know about the laptops they sell.

I asked about upgrading the CPU. Again, No mention in the manual or at HP website or any website that speaks of HP has this information. This is why I asked here on HP tech support, hoping that someone at HP might know about the laptops they sell.

I appreciate your response and the time and effort you put into responding to me but none of my questions were answered or even touched upon. I'm hoping someone at HP might actually have technical information about the laptops they manufacturer and sell. 

Thank you very much. Have  a great Holiday.

HP Recommended

@SellCell

You can install any wifi 6 wireless card which uses the same interface as the wireless card on your computer and it should work fine. HP doesn't recommend you upgrading or downgrading the CPU and you can do that at your own risk.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.