Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 11 x360 PC (F9J20UA#A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade the wifi card to take advantage of the 5 ghz duel band router. If you could recommend a card and is this laptop "white listed"?

I also have a Pavilion dv6-6140us that I would like to upgrade it's wifi card as well, if it's possible with this model. The card in this is a Broadcom BCM94313HMGB with a sticker on top that says replace with 600370-001

Both have Bluetooth also.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @wthwthwth,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! A very good day to you.:) Hope you are doing great:) I reviewed the post about wireless card upgrades for the 5GHz dual band router  I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

Brilliant effort and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Great  Job! You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 It is paramount to address this issue.

Any WLAN card that supports 5GHz dual band and fits in the slot of the computer should work for this model.

The same goes for the other computer also.

Please check with a local Best Buy or Staples technician before upgrading the card. Sometimes you may lose Bluetooth connectivity as HP offers Combo cards that with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi features built on a single chip.

This is a useful link that gives you information about WLAN cards that support dual-band 5GHz routers.

Link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Connections-HP-laptop-unable-to-f...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @wthwthwth,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! A very good day to you.:) Hope you are doing great:) I reviewed the post about wireless card upgrades for the 5GHz dual band router  I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

Brilliant effort and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Great  Job! You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 It is paramount to address this issue.

Any WLAN card that supports 5GHz dual band and fits in the slot of the computer should work for this model.

The same goes for the other computer also.

Please check with a local Best Buy or Staples technician before upgrading the card. Sometimes you may lose Bluetooth connectivity as HP offers Combo cards that with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi features built on a single chip.

This is a useful link that gives you information about WLAN cards that support dual-band 5GHz routers.

Link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Connections-HP-laptop-unable-to-f...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally got around and bought an Intel 3160 dual band/bluetooth card and installed it. Loaded up the latest Intel wireless driver with no problems. You'll need to go online to install the Intel bluetooth driver even after first downloading it. It installed OK and the device mgr shows no errors, but currently I don't use any BT devices on this laptop. The Intel 3160 card will pull the max on my internet speed pkg, which is 80 down & 6 up.

For the record, this HP Pavilion model 11 x360 PC laptop only has "ONE" wireless antenna. Will probably upgrade the 15" next week.

HP Recommended

The information given here about the DV6-6140us is incorrect, as the Intel 3160 Dual Band Wireless AC + Bluetooth Mini PCIe card does not work in this HP laptop.

I got the following at bootup.

"wireless module not supported"

"The system has detected a wireless module installed in the system is not supported. System halted. Please remove the device and restart."

"WLAN Module ID (702)

Pretty bad on HP's part to lock up the bios on a customers computer to only recognize HP's supply parts  at/before the time of manufacture to complicate the customers quest to update/upgrade hardware. And the card I'm trying to install is FCC approved. An Intel 3160HMW, FCC compliant ID: PD93160H

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.