Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0039nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I realised my internal RTL8822BE card has issues with both wifi and bluetooth functioning properly at the same time

Symptoms:

- Randomly disconnecting wifi where phone devices connected to same router doesn't disconnect randomly that much

- Randomly audio slutters over headphones, sometimes randomly disconnects

- Input lag increases 10 times when I am using a game controller (from 1ms to 10ms) when wifi is enabled

- Rarely, wifi doesn't show up as a device after device power on, like i cant even enable or disable it, it just doesnt exist, generally fixed after a restart

I decided I don't want to sending my device to warranty because I ve seen many people online having issues with this card, and yeah I also done driver updates both over from website, and after installing the ones from website, did the ones with windows update.

I decided to upgrade to "Intel AX200NGW" (aka AX200) after such issues, it will probably arrive today, but one thing I am worrying about if it will be compatible with my device, it has same port with the current card in my laptop, my laptop also has two antennas connected to the card, also it isnt directly soldered into motherboard has a slot, but I dont know if BIOS has whitelisting stuff, that would be a bad luck, after a research I saw a post where someone said "generally laptops made before 2011 has bios whitelisting", in case anybody here knows, is there a somehow way to know if it will work with my device?

Seller accepted to accept a refund if it doesnt work with my device, but just in case i wanted to ask. I'll also let this forum know if it will work or not since as I can see thats the only way to know if upgrading network cards will work or not, maybe could help somebody else...

Edit: Oh how I forgot to add, HP seriously needs to not ever put this card in laptop ever, I mean its not even worth for its cost to not put an intel one in the device... just... why...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again,

I wanted to report back after plugging in the new PCI-e card. Also yes I bought non vPro version, with model ID of AX200NGW, works like a charm, none of symptoms I've written there happens again, ALL of them are fixed, also my down/up internet network speed is more stable and lower ping, bluetooth is fine too. Except, I need a bit long time to test if headphones will disconnect randomly but no issues so far and I believe it won't, after all the issue was only happening when I use them on my PC, so it was probably related to network card. Also;

NEVER EVER Realtek again seriously not sure why HP puts those things, everybody is complaining over those realtek cards.

AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING  to anybody reading this in future or maybe you could tell them later, to have less pain after the upgrade, before upgrading the PCIe card, remove every bluetooth device from bluetooth settings when old adapter is available to the PC. Why? After upgrading and installing the neccessarry drivers (I installed through Intel Driver Support Assistant, but it isnt required you can download manually), I tried to remove devices at settings, it didn't let me and always threw "Can't remove device" error, I understood the problem at that moment and why it can't remove, I searched for fixed and found one Microsoft answers page for eligible answers (they did replace card too)

1. Install a third party command line tools called bluetooth driver installer (or similar to that idk), and run "bpair -u", that is supposed to remove all devices present at the settings page, for my case, this didn't work

2. Go to device manager, click on "Show hidden devices" and try to locate the devices shown in bluetooth settings, and after choosing them on the list, click on "X" icon, i.e. uninstall them, at first, you might try this and you will still see devices present in bluetooth settings, that probably means there are still some you haven't removed, that was my case. What helped me about this is in Device Manager on the topbar menu click on "View > Devices by container", that way you will see devices in containers and will definitely help you locating those things, it worked me after all.(P.S. While doing this I had an environment variable in my System user "devmgr_show_nonpresent_device=1", I added that through "Environment Variables", the thing you can find on this pc options, but I believe this didnt have any effect at all but just side note)

3. Or you could put old card first then remove devices then new card, which wasn't my case because I felt too lazy to replace it twice, I barely could connect those connectors they are so small and annoying, careful though! They are fragile and don't pust them hard. Though, they need to sit on the card where I had to push vertically (from up to down) so the lines attached to the card.

Also looking at the video called "HP 15 CX0000 dissassembly" from official HP youtube tech page helped me to locate the card.

I hope that helps anybody, thanks for replying

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

That card has a good chance of working as long as you didn't buy the vPro model.

No one will be able to tell you for sure and I can't find any posts where someone upgraded the wifi card in that model series.

Generally, most HP notebooks made after 2014 do not have BIOS whitelists, with a few exceptions.

So, please let us know if it worked or not, so we can help others who may have the same question.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

I wanted to report back after plugging in the new PCI-e card. Also yes I bought non vPro version, with model ID of AX200NGW, works like a charm, none of symptoms I've written there happens again, ALL of them are fixed, also my down/up internet network speed is more stable and lower ping, bluetooth is fine too. Except, I need a bit long time to test if headphones will disconnect randomly but no issues so far and I believe it won't, after all the issue was only happening when I use them on my PC, so it was probably related to network card. Also;

NEVER EVER Realtek again seriously not sure why HP puts those things, everybody is complaining over those realtek cards.

AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING  to anybody reading this in future or maybe you could tell them later, to have less pain after the upgrade, before upgrading the PCIe card, remove every bluetooth device from bluetooth settings when old adapter is available to the PC. Why? After upgrading and installing the neccessarry drivers (I installed through Intel Driver Support Assistant, but it isnt required you can download manually), I tried to remove devices at settings, it didn't let me and always threw "Can't remove device" error, I understood the problem at that moment and why it can't remove, I searched for fixed and found one Microsoft answers page for eligible answers (they did replace card too)

1. Install a third party command line tools called bluetooth driver installer (or similar to that idk), and run "bpair -u", that is supposed to remove all devices present at the settings page, for my case, this didn't work

2. Go to device manager, click on "Show hidden devices" and try to locate the devices shown in bluetooth settings, and after choosing them on the list, click on "X" icon, i.e. uninstall them, at first, you might try this and you will still see devices present in bluetooth settings, that probably means there are still some you haven't removed, that was my case. What helped me about this is in Device Manager on the topbar menu click on "View > Devices by container", that way you will see devices in containers and will definitely help you locating those things, it worked me after all.(P.S. While doing this I had an environment variable in my System user "devmgr_show_nonpresent_device=1", I added that through "Environment Variables", the thing you can find on this pc options, but I believe this didnt have any effect at all but just side note)

3. Or you could put old card first then remove devices then new card, which wasn't my case because I felt too lazy to replace it twice, I barely could connect those connectors they are so small and annoying, careful though! They are fragile and don't pust them hard. Though, they need to sit on the card where I had to push vertically (from up to down) so the lines attached to the card.

Also looking at the video called "HP 15 CX0000 dissassembly" from official HP youtube tech page helped me to locate the card.

I hope that helps anybody, thanks for replying

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.