Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy-15 J126TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The Broadcom Azure Wifi Bluetooth Combo mini PCI-E card which comes with the Notebook just died.  I am thinking of taking the opportunity to upgrade the notebook to enable Wifi 6 support.  Can anyone advise if I can just buy any mini PCI-E Combo card which support Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 to plug it in?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

It should work.

This forum member just installed one in an older notebook than yours.

Solved: Re: Is G4-2039TX Wifi Card Whitelist? - HP Support Community - 7894334

Where you can find a HMC form factor AX wifi card, that I do not know, but the person on that link told me that he got the card from China Taobao.

HP Recommended

Cool!  Appreciate for referring me to the post and thanks for the speedy response.  I will try asking him which card he bought.  🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know if the AX card upgrade worked in your notebook.

HP Recommended

WIll do.  But it may not be so fast because will have to await reply from the other user and shipping of the item to me may take awhile.

But I will definitely post here on the outcome once I got the confirmation.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Had finally received the Wifi 6 AX200 Mini PCIE card.  Was so excited!  Opened up my notebook, take out the old card and put this in.  Mind already prepared to do a speed test to see how is the performance.  And when power up, nothing happened!!  The notebook is not detecting the new WiFi 6 card at all.  Checked Deviice Manager and there is no "Unknow Device" listed, and no Wifi Card listed as well.  Went into BIOS, tried doing a Diagnostic, and the software reported no Bluetooth and Wireless module detect.  Now I start wondering if my original card actually may be still working, just some how not detected by the notebok.

The original wifi card had been working flawlessly all along.  Then one day suddenly it just totally disappeared from my notebook.  So I assumed it could be due to the Wifi Combo card that had gone faulty.  Sigh...

Now I need some advise what could be the reason why my notebook is not detecting the Wifi Card at all.  Anyone can help, please?

TIA.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the original wifi card also has disappeared from the device manager, unfortunately I don't know what the problem could be.

Normally you would assume the original card died but since the AX200 doesn't show up either, something else must have happened for which I have no explanation.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the Wifi doesn't work in your notebook anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.