cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Digic21
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Upgrading of HP Envy-15 J126TX Wifi Combo to Wifi 6

HP Recommended
HP Envy-15 J126TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The Broadcom Azure Wifi Bluetooth Combo mini PCI-E card which comes with the Notebook just died.  I am thinking of taking the opportunity to upgrade the notebook to enable Wifi 6 support.  Can anyone advise if I can just buy any mini PCI-E Combo card which support Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 to plug it in?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,744 92,406 21,249 28,537
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

It should work.

This forum member just installed one in an older notebook than yours.

Solved: Re: Is G4-2039TX Wifi Card Whitelist? - HP Support Community - 7894334

Where you can find a HMC form factor AX wifi card, that I do not know, but the person on that link told me that he got the card from China Taobao.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Digic21
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cool!  Appreciate for referring me to the post and thanks for the speedy response.  I will try asking him which card he bought.  🙂

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know if the AX card upgrade worked in your notebook.

Digic21
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WIll do.  But it may not be so fast because will have to await reply from the other user and shipping of the item to me may take awhile.

But I will definitely post here on the outcome once I got the confirmation.

Thank you.

Digic21
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Had finally received the Wifi 6 AX200 Mini PCIE card.  Was so excited!  Opened up my notebook, take out the old card and put this in.  Mind already prepared to do a speed test to see how is the performance.  And when power up, nothing happened!!  The notebook is not detecting the new WiFi 6 card at all.  Checked Deviice Manager and there is no "Unknow Device" listed, and no Wifi Card listed as well.  Went into BIOS, tried doing a Diagnostic, and the software reported no Bluetooth and Wireless module detect.  Now I start wondering if my original card actually may be still working, just some how not detected by the notebok.

The original wifi card had been working flawlessly all along.  Then one day suddenly it just totally disappeared from my notebook.  So I assumed it could be due to the Wifi Combo card that had gone faulty.  Sigh...

Now I need some advise what could be the reason why my notebook is not detecting the Wifi Card at all.  Anyone can help, please?

TIA.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the original wifi card also has disappeared from the device manager, unfortunately I don't know what the problem could be.

Normally you would assume the original card died but since the AX200 doesn't show up either, something else must have happened for which I have no explanation.

Digic21
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 3
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the Wifi doesn't work in your notebook anymore.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation