Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laptop OMEN - 15-ek0556nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought this laptop for a couple of days but there is a problem that is driving me crazy, I'm talking about Wifi, the speed especially when it downloads is really slow, I have a fiber that travels up to 10MB / s but this laptop downloads maximum up to 4, I have never had similar problems even with the old laptop, and all my devices in the house work without problems.
I have already updated the wireless card drivers, I have even reset Windows 10 and out of desperation I have also formatted the entire SSD drive to install Windows 10 again via iso losing all the pre-installed drivers and software among other things, but the problem unfortunately is remained. I hope something can help me resolve.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Niko87 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06657259

It has Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds) adapter which is very fast. You have to check source file(s). I did have a test another day, as you can see all 4 files came from different servers and the file which came from HP is slowest

hp manual.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

so what can i do to fix it?

HP Recommended

I recently had a similar experience with suddenly slow wifi download speeds using my HP EliteBook 850 laptop, purchased in Dec 2019.  Router wifi download speeds were 150 Mb/s using my Android phone. I was getting only about 1 Mb/s wifi download using the laptop, but wifi upload speed was the max at 10 Mb/s, and using an Ethernet cable to the router resulted in 150 Mb/s download speed. This was an indicator that my issue was very specific to wifi download, and was not an issue with the router. 

I followed various HP and Microsoft troubleshooting steps and finally identified some changes that resolved the slow wifi download. 

Here is the best description for the steps required.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/gvc-degraded-internet-throughput-from-local-isp-eve...

Although this solution was related to the use of a VPN network, I have found other sources that implemented the same solution that were not VPN related. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/netadapter/disable-netadapterrsc?view=win10-ps#ex...

I do occasionally use a SonicWall VPN network on my laptop, so in my case the use of VPN may have been the cause of my problem, thought I have been using VPN since the laptop was new.

The common thread for these solutions is the wifi network adapter "Receive segment coalescing" (Rsc) settings. 

Changes are made such that the Rsc is disabled for ipv4 and ipv6 on the network adapter.

Once these changes are implemented, my wifi download speed resumed to expected speeds of greater than 100 Mb/s using a Netgear 5 GHz router. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.