Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Dear All,

i m facing issues with my new laptop Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC related to internet. As overall, the internet works good, however its catching high ping spikes every 10/20 sec. 

As far as I managed to red on the forums, the issue is probably related to network card which is: Realtek Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5.2 combo. 

Following that I have 2 questions:

1) Can you please let me know what could be a substitute network card from Intel for this laptop (Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0031nq)? I am simply thinking about changing the card and avoid further problems.

2) Has any of you faced the same issue and managed to fully fix it without changing the card? I m no talking here about 40% or 50% of actual speed but rather full functionality. 

It is very frustrating that I just bought this laptop which suppose to be a "gaming" one, however the key aspect as network card seems to be a poor one.

Many thanks in advance for support!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 3 of the service manual indicates that is the only model Wi-Fi card HP offered in that model series...

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

I can't guarantee this model Wi-Fi card will work in your notebook, but HP installed this model card in my HP Envy x360 15-ee047nr with the AMD Ryzen 4500U processor...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro  HP part # L35282-005

This would be the description and part number I recommend...you can usually find one on eBay if you search by the HP part number.

As far as the existing card...the only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest Wi-Fi driver HP has for that model card...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136987.exe 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.